The Andy Oswald Team Has…
Years of Experience
Repeat & Referral Business
Client Referrals (2017)
Looking for Property for Sale in the Country?
Our team members have very strong rural real estate and area backgrounds; Team Leader Andy Oswald not only grew up on a farm but also earned a diploma in Agriculture. With us, you will be guided by a team who is well-versed on all of the ins and outs of the country properties and hobby farms that reflect our West Ottawa’s full-blown agricultural business.
Photo by: Fan Song
Want to Live in the Kanata or Ottawa City?
Our in-depth real estate knowledge doesn’t end in the country – we are just as educated and experienced in West Ottawa’s urban real estate market as we are in the rural market. Our office is located in the heart of Kanata’s tech district, giving us a tried-and-true ability to advise our clients on the bustling area’s homes, business opportunities, and amenities.
Photo by: Fan Song
Our West Ottawa Relocation Services
We offer hands-on West Ottawa relocation services for those coming to the area for military relocation, to work in Kanata North’s booming tech sector, or who are simply drawn to the wonderful West Ottawa lifestyle.See Our Relocation Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about buying a house in West Ottawa? We may already have the answer here in our FAQ.
- The process of buying a house starts by finding the right agent to work with. You can see if that’s us by completing the form on this page and scheduling a time to talk more or meet in person.
- Once we’ve established that we’re a good fit, we will have a discussion about what you want and need in a property. This can include location, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, finishes, lot size, school districts, proximity to work, and more.
- If you aren’t already pre-approved for a mortgage, our team will help you through the process of buying a house by connecting you with a trusted mortgage advisor. This will help you determine your budget and find the best mortgage option.
- Now that we are well-prepared, we can start the home search! We will provide you with immediate access to the latest listings in West Ottawa that match your criteria and budget. We will also email your specific requirements to other top-producing agents in the area who may have a listing that matches.
- Your agent will preview all new listings, Internet listings, Open Houses, and For Sale By Owner listings that fit your criteria. This way, we can confirm that the home is as advertised and ensure you don’t waste any time on a property that doesn’t meet your standards.
- We will provide you with a comprehensive market analysis for each home you are interested in. This way, you will have a clear understanding of the property’s value and we are fully prepared to negotiate with confidence.
- Once you have found the right property, we will walk you through the process of making a strong offer to purchase. We will advise you on any suggested conditions, contingencies, and pricing strategies that can improve your offer and help you win the property for the best possible price in the shortest amount of time.
- After the seller has reviewed your offer, they will either accept, reject, or counter-offer. We will be there with you to respond appropriately and ensure your best interests are protected, negotiating on your behalf until we close the deal on a property you love.
- Your offer has been accepted! Congratulations. Now, the closing process can begin. We will coordinate the necessary documents between you, the seller, their representation, the lawyer, the mortgage lender, and any other parties involved.
- Once all paperwork has been signed, conditions have been met, payments have been transferred, and keys have been exchanged, the sale will be finalized.
- We can provide recommendations for moving services, home improvement specialists, and more to ensure you settle into your new home with ease. As your team for life, we are here for the long haul!
Working with a licensed buyers’ agent affords you countless advantages as a homebuyer. For starters, buyer representation is an essentially free service for you. Secondly, working with a buyers’ agent provides you with exclusive access to on- and off-market properties that are otherwise unattainable.
Lastly, your buyers’ agent has the experience, education, and knowledge to ensure you are protected and your best interests are looked after at every stage in the process of buying a house. With our expert guidance, you don’t have to worry about losing money or making a bad investment.
Buyers’ agents are paid on a commission-based system; this commission is only paid if your agent completes a purchase for you and all of your needs have been satisfied. The great news is this payment doesn’t come out of your pocket – the commission is paid out of the seller’s proceeds, making this a free service for you.
Determining how much you can afford to spend on a house starts by meeting with a lender and getting pre-approved for a mortgage. Your lender will review your down payment amount, credit, debt, and other financial factors to determine how much you can afford and help you get pre-approved for a mortgage that works for you.
Getting pre-approved for a mortgage is a vital step buying a house in West Ottawa. It not only verifies your financial capabilities but also proves to the seller that you are qualified and serious.
There are a series of questions you should ask a mortgage lender before you decide to work with them: What is their reputation and experience in the community? How many loans do they close a year? Do they have access to a wide variety of loan packages? Can the interest rates be locked in, and for how long?
Once you’ve found the right lender to work with, there are a few things you should know:
- Quoted rates over the phone are rarely locked prices – this is just a way the lender gets you to come to their office. Rates may be subject to changes unless they are predetermined for a specific period of time.
- Interest rates can change daily. A quote you get today may not be available at the same price tomorrow.
- The interest rate you are quoted over the phone may not be a program that will fit your needs or situation.
- Many lenders will discount their posted rates for well-qualified customers.
Through years of living and working in West Ottawa, our team has developed strong connections throughout the community. With that experience, we can provide you with recommendations for trusted professionals and services you may need before, during, and after your home purchase, including lawyers, home improvement experts, mortgage brokers, and others.
Need a recommendation? Contact us today.